November marks our last class for 2011 and we're going to be doing Christmas Reindeer. Skill level is beginner and I'll be sharing some of the materials if you don't have them.
Here are the material requirements
- Scrap clay that's somewhat brownish rolled on thickest setting, 2-3 inches long and wide
- Brown clay that contrasts a bit with scrap clay rolled on thin setting, same size
- 5 toothpicks
- Coppery wire or other wire, about 12 inches, scissors or wire cutter
- Red clay if making a Rudolph nose, black clay for regular nose
- White and black clay to make eyes, pea size, or just use googly eyes
- Something to colour the toothpicks with (I use a combination of Future and Pearlex)
- Christmas embellishments
- Optional - Pearlex powder in brownish colours for the body to highlight texture
- Wire brush or sandpaper for texture
- Glue (I like Weldbond)
If you can't make it to November's class be sure to join us in January for our Happy New Year Pot Luck.
New members always welcome.